This is an assortment of recent papers by co-authors and me.
Saddle Point Contribution for an n-fold Complex-Valued Integral
Click here for a 495Kb pdf version.
Amplitude Calculations for 3-D Gaussian Beam Migration
using Complex-valued Traveltimes
Click here for a 2.3Mb pdf version.
Slides: Click here
One-dimensional Media: a Tutorial.
Click here for a 4.1Mb pdf version.
- PAPER: Asymptotically True-amplitude One-way Wave Equations in t:
modeling, migration and inversion.
Click here for a 1.5Mb pdf version.
Short Course and 4-up slides
Mathematics of Modeling, Migration and Inversion with Gaussian Beams
One-way Wave Equation Migrations, Y. Zhang, S. Xu, G. Zhang, Norm.
Preprint. Geophysics. Geophysics, 72, S49, 2007.
Part 4 is a page of outputs of Sigsbee data, 15Mb, Sorry!
Click here for Part 1, 1.2Mb.
Click here for Part 2, 2.8Mb.
Click here for Part 3, 2.2Mb.
Click here for Part 4, 15Mb.
- PAPER: Kirchhoff inversion for Incident Waves Synthesized from
Common-Shot Data Gathers.
Click here for a 1.1Mb pdf version, revised for publication.
- PAPER: Migration/Inversion: Think Image Point Coordinates, Process
in Acquisition Surface Coordinates, with Yu Zhang, Sheng Xu, Guanquan Zhang,
Samuel H. Gray.
Click here for an 876Kb pdf version.
- PAPER: Analysis of the Neighborhood of a Smooth Caustic for
True-Amplitude One-Way Wave Equations, with Yu Zhang and Guanquan Zhang.
Click here for an 662Kb pdf version.
- PAPER: True Amplitude Wave Equation Migration Arising from True Amplitude One-way Wave Equations:with Y. Zhang and G. Q. Zhang.
Click here for a 1.1Mb pdf file or
click here for a compressed 1Mb ps file.
This paper is available on the IOP home page at
Inverse Problems, Volume 19, #5, pages 1113 - 1138.
- ABSTRACT: Theory of True Amplitude One-way Wave Equations and True Amplitude Common-shot Migration, with Y. Zhang and G. Q. Zhang. Inverse Problems, 19, (2003) 1113-1138.
Click here. (1.3Mb)
- Seismic Inversion with One-way Wave Equations,with Y. Zhang and G. Q. Zhang
- A Proposal for Common-opening-angle Migration/Inversion,with Samuel H. Gray, Click here. 1.3Mb.
- Towards Accurate Amplitudes for One-way Wavefield Extrapolationof 3-D Common Shot Records, Yu Zhang, James Sun, Samuel H. Gray, Carl Notfors, Veritas, and me.
- From the Hagedoorn Imaging Technique to Kirchhoff Migration and Inversion, with Samuel H. Gray. An expansion on the Hagedoorn paper, below, submitted
to Geophysical Prospecting for a special issue in memory of J. G. Hagedoorn.
- Encyclopedia article on wave phenomena.
- The Kirchhoff-Helmholtz Integral for Anisotropic Elastic Media with Schleicher, Tygel and Ursin.
- Expository paper: Hagedoorn Told us how to do Kirchhoff Migration and Inversion. Click here.
- My paper for The Mathematical Geophysics Summer School at Stanford, 1998
- Abstracts submitted, SEG '98 Click here.